The Iowa High School Speech Association Individual Speech District Competition was a held on February 25 in Newton and Marshalltown High School students had a terrific showing. Eight of the nine events that performed made it to the state competition to be held at Vinton-Shellsburg on March 11.
Those MHS students who received Division 1 ratings and are headed to state include:
– Phoebe Osgood in storytelling and interpretive poetry reading
– Emily Miller in public speaking and reviewing
– Keyara McDowell in acting and interpretive poetry reading
– Mackenzie Moyer in after dinner speaking
– Nathan Thill in interpretive poetry reading
Also performing from MHS at the district contest was Noah Mathis, who received a Division 2 rating in after dinner speaking.