Marshalltown High School students picked up several awards at the CIML conference art show on April 5 at Ames High School.
“We are really just so proud of the work that our students put in, and it is nice to see the recognition that they truly deserve,” said MHS art teacher Wade Judge.
Winners from MHS included the following:
– Jill Podhajsky- Best in Show 3-D Art and first place oil/acrylic painting and Student Choice Best in Show
– Maggie Grimm- First place non-ceramic sculpture and honorable mention ceramics
– Ryan Anderson – First place charcoal drawing
– Frankie Ramirez – First place ceramic sculpture
– Jaelin Christensen- First place unaltered digital photography
– Anna Marie Carlson- Honorable mention ceramic sculpture
– Ashley Macbeth- Honorable mention charcoal drawing
– Julieta Cano – Honorable mention unaltered digital photography