The much-anticipated return of the Bobcat Golf Fundraiser in late June was a massive success, with previous event attendance and fundraising records easily broken.
A total of 73 teams gathered at the American Legion Golf Course in Marshalltown for a day of fun, light-hearted competition after last year’s cancelled event. The result was more than $25,000 raised toward Bobcat athletics and activities, well above the previous record high of $14,000.
“It was great to see the community and tons of Marshalltown alumni come out and support our kids,” said MHS Activities/Athletics Director Ryan Isgrig, adding he is excited to continue watching the Golf Fundraiser grow in coming years.
On the golf course, participating teams were able to play in an AM or PM time slot. The top-finishing teams in the championship flights for each time slot were as follows:
- 1st Place: Andrew Abrams, Mark Rhode, Tom Apgar, Peter Collison – 52 points
- 2nd Place: Travis Stewart, Mark Finch, Ron Mitchell, Joe Miller – 53 points
- 3rd Place (T): David Eichorne, Grant Greazel, Luke Appel, Keygan Hansen – 54 points
- 3rd Place (T): Jay Giannetto, Sam Weatherman, Tate Carlson, Seth Heinrichs – 54 points
- 1st Place: Todd Weaver, Chad Gould, Denny Gould, Jeff Beeghly – 52 points
- 2nd Place (T): Nick Loney, Ryan Boswell, Ray Swartz, Tyler Wilson – 54 points
- 2nd Place (T): Jared Carlson, Chad Plaehn, Brandon Dutton, Lee Van Cleave – 54 points
- 3rd Place: Justin Humke, Andy George, Nicole George, Ryan Isgrig – 55 points
We are so grateful to all of the teams who came out to have a good time on the course while supporting Bobcat students.
We are also grateful to the many sponsors who made this year’s Bobcat Golf Fundraiser possible, including: BeMobile Verizon, Shomo-Madsen Insurance, Independent Auto, Good’s Seamless Gutters & Kuehner Construction, Jensen Ford, Howell’s Helping Hand, Sign Creations, 1st Rate Real Estate, State Farm Insurance, Ciro Diiorio Masonry & Landscaping LLC, Dave Wright, Hogeland Auto Plaza, Old Timer Tavern, Construct, Concrete Inc., Rasmusson Inc., SportsPlus, Mitchell Family Funeral Home, JBS, Coca-Cola Atlantic Bottling Company, Smokin’ G’s BBQ, Fareway, Hy-Vee, Emerson, and Lennox, among many others.
Check out more photos (courtesy of Anne Vance) from this year’s fundraiser!