- The April 6 MCSD School Board meeting will be held virtually. See attached info for more details. La reunión de l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- The amazing staff at Fisher Elementary School put together a heartwarming video to share encouraging messages with… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- RT @katiepeikes: Schools are closed because of #COVID19, but they are still feeding kids and teens. @IowaPublicRadio @siouxcityschool @mcsd… 2 days ago
- The Marshalltown School Board approved a bid for improving the tennis facilities at Marshalltown High School this e… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- We will have a special Marshalltown School Board meeting beginning at 5 p.m. this evening. Follow the attached link… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Category Archives: School News
The trendy new breakfast spot in town is Café Hoglan, where the menu offers more than coffee and snacks – it includes books. Hoglan Elementary received a $750 mini-grant from AEA 267 for increasing parent involvement, especial among the families … Continue reading
The Bobcat Marching Band from Marshalltown High School earned its 14th consecutive Division I rating at the Iowa High School Music Association State Marching Band Festival held Saturday, Oct. 11, in Fort Dodge. Performing their show “West Side Story”, the … Continue reading
Bryce King and Maria Yepez were crowned 2014 Homecoming King and Queen during festivities in the MHS/Community Auditorium Thursday evening. Following tradition, the evening started with a parade through the central business district with the pep rally and coronation following. … Continue reading
Hoglan Elementary staff and students participated in a food drive to support the Salvation Army recently, collecting more than 1,200 items. Students, families and staff were encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to school between Sept. 29 and Oct. 3. … Continue reading
Marshalltown was honored to have TWO students selected for prestigious World Food Prize international internships in 2014. Before heading off to college this fall, Abby Snyder (MHS Class of 2014) discussed her life-changing experience working in Nepal.
University of Northern Iowa president William Ruud visited Marshalltown High School today. He spoke with juniors and seniors about the importance of finding a college program that is the right fit for their goals. Read more in the Marshalltown Times-Republican.
Marshalltown High School senior James Talbert is among approximately 16,000 semifinalists in the 60th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. Talbert and the other semifinalists have the opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth about … Continue reading