- ¡La inscripción para el año escolar 2020-21 está en marcha! Vea la página web de inscripción a la escuela 2020-21:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Registration for the 2020-21 school year is underway! Check out the 2020-21 school registration web page:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- We are excited to announce our new interim Buildings and Grounds Director! Todd Goulding has several years of exper… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Nuestra planificación de Volver al Aprendizaje continúa, pero hoy dimos un gran paso en el proceso de conseguir que… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Our Return to Learn planning continues, but we took a big step today in the process of getting our Bobcats back to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
Category Archives: School News
The trendy new breakfast spot in town is Café Hoglan, where the menu offers more than coffee and snacks – it includes books. Hoglan Elementary received a $750 mini-grant from AEA 267 for increasing parent involvement, especial among the families … Continue reading
The Bobcat Marching Band from Marshalltown High School earned its 14th consecutive Division I rating at the Iowa High School Music Association State Marching Band Festival held Saturday, Oct. 11, in Fort Dodge. Performing their show “West Side Story”, the … Continue reading
Bryce King and Maria Yepez were crowned 2014 Homecoming King and Queen during festivities in the MHS/Community Auditorium Thursday evening. Following tradition, the evening started with a parade through the central business district with the pep rally and coronation following. … Continue reading
Hoglan Elementary staff and students participated in a food drive to support the Salvation Army recently, collecting more than 1,200 items. Students, families and staff were encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to school between Sept. 29 and Oct. 3. … Continue reading
Marshalltown was honored to have TWO students selected for prestigious World Food Prize international internships in 2014. Before heading off to college this fall, Abby Snyder (MHS Class of 2014) discussed her life-changing experience working in Nepal.
University of Northern Iowa president William Ruud visited Marshalltown High School today. He spoke with juniors and seniors about the importance of finding a college program that is the right fit for their goals. Read more in the Marshalltown Times-Republican.
Marshalltown High School senior James Talbert is among approximately 16,000 semifinalists in the 60th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. Talbert and the other semifinalists have the opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,600 National Merit Scholarships worth about … Continue reading
Anson Elementary took a slightly different spin on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Principal Ronnie Manis challenged his staff to raise $100 for ALS research. If they did so, he’d take the challenge. In less than a week they raised … Continue reading
Six Marshalltown High School students and recent graduates earned AP Scholar designations in recognition of their high scores on Advanced Placement Examinations. Seniors Chandler Fisher and Ellen Podhajsky were both named AP Scholars for receiving scores of 3 or higher … Continue reading