- Help us celebrate National Special Education Day! We are deeply grateful to our special education teachers for thei… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- MCSD is partnering with Meskwaki Health Services to offer an onsite COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for MCSD students 5-11… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- MCSD has an exciting opportunity for those interested in being a substitute teacher! If you are hired as a sub and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- We hope you've had an excellent Thanksgiving Break, Bobcats! We're excited to welcome you back tomorrow. Today, sch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- See the MCSD COVID-19 weekly case update here/Vea el informe semanal sobre los casos de COVID-19 MCSD aquí: marshalltown.k12.ia.us/parents/covid-… 6 days ago
Tag Archives: Hoglan Elementary
The trendy new breakfast spot in town is Café Hoglan, where the menu offers more than coffee and snacks – it includes books. Hoglan Elementary received a $750 mini-grant from AEA 267 for increasing parent involvement, especial among the families … Continue reading
Hoglan Elementary staff and students participated in a food drive to support the Salvation Army recently, collecting more than 1,200 items. Students, families and staff were encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to school between Sept. 29 and Oct. 3. … Continue reading
When Pedro Torres and Manuel Morales met two years ago they became fast friends. Now, the fourth graders at Hoglan Elementary School have a strong bond. Their teacher, Gena Graglia, said the two represent what friendship means. Read their full … Continue reading
Several Marshalltown schools participated in Go the Distance Day on Friday, May 2, encouraging students and staff to participate in physical fitness. At Rogers Elementary students participated in a flash mob dance. Students danced for 30 minutes outside, moving to … Continue reading
Hoglan Elementary School fourth grade teacher Ryan Burke said Daniel Morales is a student that comes from a family that values education and it shows on a daily basis in the classroom. Read Daniel’s Spotlight in the Marshalltown Times-Republican.
More than 200 students and their families attended the annual Family Reading Night at Hoglan Elementary Tuesday, March 25. An estimated 350 people came through the school between 6:00 and 7:30pm. The works of Mo Willems were the featured reading, … Continue reading
Team Hoglan donated a quarter of the proceeds from their elementary carnival to Renovate the Roundhouse, presenting a check for $800 on March 6. Team Hoglan, the parent-teacher organization at Hoglan Elementary, organized the Feb. 23 carnival, which was open … Continue reading
The annual Youth Art Month exhibit is now open at the Fisher Community Center, featuring the best artwork created by Marshalltown Community School District students. The art show opening reception will be Saturday, March 8, from 1 to 3pm. Read … Continue reading
Eric Martinez Padilla has made great strides this school year in the second grade at Hoglan Elementary School, according to his reading teacher Anna Wolvers. Read Eric’s full Spotlight in today’s Marshalltown Times-Republican.